In gearing up for my daughter's party this Saturday, i've been busy getting things ready for it.
So the best thing to do is hit your local thrift store or Goodwill and grab some plates and vases/candlestick holders. Each of these was .50 cents!
For visual appeal, grab different sizes of plates and heights of vases.
Make sure yout surfaces are cleaned then dried.
Grab some Epoxy Glue
Apply some glue on the vase part where it will be touching the plate.
Immediately place it on the plate.
One trick in finding the middle of the plate is grab a ruler and draw some lines across the diameter of the plate in two different places. Where they intersect is the middle :)
Let dry for at least 24 hours.
Here they are in all their glory...well at least until Saturday where they will be used for their full potential...can't wait!
I love how they turned out! I like the different color combinations you can come up with!
I love this! What a great idea and so cheap too! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteIm your newest follower :).
ReplyDeleteI love cake stands! may make some one day :)
xxx
HI there! I'm your newest follower from the Friday Blog Hop! Lovely Blog!You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us over at our Sassy Sites blog party! It's fun to see everyone! Come on over tomorrow and sign up for our Spotlight Giveaway! We would love to have you!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteMarni @ Sassy Sites!
I am so glad you found my lil' old blog!
ReplyDeleteEllie had so much fun and your cake stands are adorable. Thanks for sharing the idea!