Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Princess Tea Party: puff ball decorations

my daughter's 5th birthday party was this past saturday, among other things that was that day:
Relief Society Conference
project: CRAFT
Boy what a day!

but i wanted to showcase the preparations that were made for emma's party. 
first off, puff balls to hang from the ceiling :)
now, I know most of you use tissue paper and I have in the past.  But I didn't want to deal with cutting the tissue paper  and blah blah blah...it was pretty much just being lazy.
So I had a thought..napkins!  They came in a pack of 20 from the dollar tree.
I came home and tested it out...and it worked.  So easy and so what I was looking for :)
So grab 5 napkins and some string and come along with me :)

Step 1: open the napkins and stack them in a pile.
 Step 2: start folding them in an acordian style

 Step 3 : cut string to desired length
 Step 4:  Tie in the middle of the napkins.

 Step 5: Take the napkins and hold it up like this:
 Step 6: start taking one sheet at a time and peeling them back, like this:  Be very delicate so you don't rip the napkins :)
 Once you ahve done one side, flip it around and do the other side.

 Now flip it upside down and do the other half.
 Walla!!  see?  very simple and so adorable.  I made about 20 of these babies and put them strategically on my ceiling...ok, fine.  I just threw them up randomly before my guests arrived!



1 comment:

  1. loved the idea, tomorrow I'll do it with my 5 years old daughter with x-mas napkins, best regards...

    ReplyDelete